Max and Spencer Ernst and Chelsea Lee are the Washington DC soulful electro-pop trio SHAED and are no strangers to making sleek, warm-blooded pop gems of the earworm-kind; fortunately, they’re currently working on new music for an upcoming release later this year. With the rapid pace that their band career has moved since SHAED’s inception, Max, Spencer, and Chelsea are also no strangers to the art of touring: they’ve racked a lot of road time playing festival stages such as Firefly and Summerfest, as well as touring with artists like Bishop Briggs, Sir Sly, and Marian Hill. As luck would have it, this spring you can find the trio supporting X Ambassadors on their JOYFUL Tour.
Now when SHAED are on the road they have needs, so Chelsea identified a few life-on-the-road must-haves that help keep the machine running because…#tourhappens.
Items we cannot go on tour without
- Neck pillows: Essential for not breaking our necks while trying to sleep in the van.
- 30 pairs of black tights: It never fails, I always rip my tights ten minutes before show time.
- Vitamins: We basically have run a drug ring of oregano oil, vitamin c, and B-12 every morning :).
- A constant supply of Pringles: I’M OBSESSED. No drive is complete without those tiny tins of original Pringles.
- The Stress Relief Playlist on Spotify: When you want to tune everything out.
SHAED also needs these hand-picked jams in their #TourHappens Spotify playlist to turn on and turn up during those long stretches in a van traveling from city to city. So cue up these tunes, check out their upcoming tour dates and make plans to catch SHAED on the road.