Back by popular demand, we’ve put together a San Diego Comic-Con party and happenings guide for 2015. Were you not able to get a SDCC badge? Never fear! There’s still plenty of happenings outside the convention center to dig your teeth into.
P.S. Go ahead and bookmark this page as we’ll be updating it regularly.
UPDATED: July 7th @ 8:48 PM
Wednesday, July 8th:
- Enchantment Under the SDCC – The ever popular SDCC opening event is back and bigger than ever. Join The San Diego Comic Con Unofficial Blog at Mission Brewery (1441 L Street) for an evening full of dancing, raffle prizes, swag giveaways, and more. Bonus points for this year’s open bar. Tickets: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/enchantment-under-the-sdcc-2015–2#/story
Thursday, July 9th:
- Geeks Go Glam – Being Geek Chic and The Nerdy Girlie invite you to join them at San Diego Central Library (300 Park Blvd) 8-11pm for an evening of live music, prize raffles and showing off your most geeky-glamorous attire. We’re even sponsoring this one, so come by our booth and say hello (we will be selling our limited edition fandom buttons). Tickets can be purchased here http://geeksgoglam.brownpapertickets.com/
- Carry On My Wayward Cocktails Supernatural Event – Thursday night starting 7:30 at Analog Bar (801 5th Avenue) is the place to be for all Supernatural fans. Hosts SupernaturalWiki along with Wattpad, FYeahCopyright, and special guests Hilly and Hannah of The Hillywood Show will be there enjoying food, cocktails (including Purple Nurples), swag, and a Supernatural cosplay contest with special guest judges. Event open to anyone with a purchased ticket. http://superwiki.brownpapertickets.com/
- Her Universe Fashion Show – Into geeky fashion? This is the event for you! Join Her Universe for their second annual “Geek Couture” fashion show at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel Harbor Ballroom (6-8pm). Grand prize wonders will help develop a collection to be sold at Hot Topic. Viewing the show is free for SDCC badge holders.
- MTV Fandom Fest – This day long event at PetCo Park is for badge holders and features free food, drinks, games, and giveaways. The event ends in the taping of MTV’s Fandom Awards special hosted by Tyler Posey (Teen Wolf) and Bella Thorne (Scream). This year’s musical talent is TBA.
- Circle Screening – RSVP to CircleConScreening@gmail.com for an opportunity to attend a screening of Indi Sci-Fi film Circle at The Reading Cinema’s Gaslamp 15 at 2pm. After the screening there will be a Q&A with cast and the filmmaker.
Friday, July 10th:
- SherlockeDCC Fan Party – Join the Baker Street Babes once again as we takeover the 9th floor of The San Diego Central Library (300 Park Blvd) for an evening of eating, drinking and sleuthing. And best of all High Voltage (that’s us!) will have a vendor booth there! Event is 7-10pm. Tickets are sold out, but there is a waiting list here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Uqwelczr034VUPO8rNeG7EWEl063KMraT-In9QyIBeU/viewform
- Theonering.net Ice Cream Social – All Tolkien fans are invited to the Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop (643 5th Ave) 7:30-10pm to celebrate the popular fan site’s (maybe) last year at SDCC. Space fills up quickly so get there early. Expect fun prizes.
- Marked Men 6: The Comic Con Fantasy Party – Calling all Oncers, this party is for you. Back once again for more adventures on the sea, Marked Men have announced this year’s theme to be based on ABC’s Once Upon A Time. Hop aboard Hook’s Jolly Roger (1492 N Harbor) for food, drinks and endless entertainment. Tickets still available.
- National Geographic invites you to Nerd Nite at SILO in Makers Quarter (753 15th Street). What you can expect: free food, trivia (with amazing prizes!) and incredible presentations including “The Science of Jurassic World,” by paleontologist Trevor Valle. Register here, it’s free: http://sandiego.nerdnite.com
Saturday, July 11th:
- Orphan Black CloneClub Fan Meetup – This free event (no badge required!) welcomes #CloneClub members of all ages to celebrate Alison’s Victory Brunch at The House of Blues (1056 6th Ave) from 10am-12pm. Activities include a photo booth, tattoo station, and eye patch bedazzling. Get there early as it is first come, first served.
- Doctor Who Fan Meetup – Whovians are encouraged to come mingle at The House of Blues (1056 6th Ave) 2:30-4:30 Saturday afternoon.
- Man O War artwork display at Church Jones Gallery (232 5th Ave) 8pm-10pm. William Shatner will be there! Space is limited but entry is free.
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess at Copley Symphony Hall 7:30 – The touring Zelda Symphony and Chorus under the direction of Amy Andersson comes to San Diego in time for Comic Con. Purchase tickets here : http://purchasing.sandiegosymphony.org/single/eventDetail.aspx?p=4982
- “Welcome To Night Vale” Tumblr Meetup – Honoring fans of the twice-monthly podcast done in the style of a radio show that broadcasts community updates for the fictional town of Night Vale. The meetup will include activities that all those who “hail the mighty glow cloud” will understand, like an intern sign-up station, third-eye tattooing, giveaways of custom-WTNV swag, and of course, live readings from the authors. Free, all ages, first come, first serve, no badges necessary: RSVP here.
Sunday, July 12th:
- Harmontown Live Podcast – Sticking around Sunday night? Join Dan Harmon (Community, Rick & Morty) at the Tin Roof (401 G St) 7-9pm for a live taping of the popular podcast. Tickets here http://tinroofsandiego.tunestub.com/event.cfm?id=211908&cart
- Conan O’Brien tapings – Happening at Spreckles Theater July 8th-11th http://teamcoco.com/tickets
- Thursday, July 9th, FREE “Limitless” COFFEE at CBS’s “LIMITLESS Café” (101 Market Street., #100). Plus complimentary WiFi, a phone-charging station amid and LIMITLESS-branded banners, coffee sleeves, barista T-shirts and a screen featuring a trailer of the Network’s new fall high-action drama.
- Thursday, July 9 – Saturday, July 11, hop on the CBS Mobile Screening Room, a 12-passenger pedi-cab, which will provide free rides throughout the Gaslamp district, CBS ambassadors, both on and around the on-the-go “screening room,” will distribute exclusive SDCC giveaways, such as gold SUPERGIRL flash tattoos, adult and children’s-sized caped SUPERGIRL T-shirts, LIMITLESS mint “pill” boxes, THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT-branded Col-Bear gummy bears and SCORPION comic books developed by the hit series’ writers. Additional Network handouts will include ZOO animal crackers and SCORPION lollipops.
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, Game of Thrones is bringing you a chance to water-dance like Arya Stark, get scorched by a dragon and turned into a White Walker near The Omni (628 L Street). Open to all badge holders. This line is always long (and moves slowly) so get there EARLY.
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, visit the Villain pub over at Henry’s Pub (618 5th Ave) for themed drinks, food, gaming and more. With special free events sponsored by How It Should Have Ended including the world premiere of How It Should Have Ended: Jurassic World, Q&As, workshops, and more.
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, The Art of Comic-Con gallery exhibition at the 9th floor of the San Diego Central Library (330 Park Blvd). See original comic art created exclusively for Comic Con over the years. Free admission.
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, must be 18+, Adult Swim is back with more Carnival Midway, free nightly screenings, Rick and Morty spaceship sighting, and the Meatwad Full Dome Experience fun. Experience Adult Swim On The Green (located behind the convention center at Convention Way and 5th Ave Pier) free with RSVP (and convention badge): http://www.adultswimpresents.com
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, head over to Hard Rock Hotel’s Legends Ballroom for a Lego Dimensions video game event complete with giveaways, celebrity photo ops & signings and a first look at Doctor Who gameplay content.
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, FOX is giving fans the thrill of a lifetime with the Scream Queens Ultimate Scream Drop ride (over 120 ft drop)! Have to admit this one is at the top of our list for Petco Park Interactive Zone activations.
- Thursday, July 9th – Sunday, July 12th, Assassin’s Creed has brought a life-size obstacle course where you can parkour like a Master Assassin, pre-order exclusive swag and perform the iconic Leap of Faith all for free. Located at the MLK Promenade, next to the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel.
- Friday, July 10 – Saturday July 11th, Walker Stalker Fan Fest at PetCo Park July 10th & 11th (11am-5pm) http://walkerstalkerfanfest.com/tickets/ – This ticked event gets you the opportunity to emerse youself in a world full of walkers, meet special guest celebrities, and take part in other activities TBA. Friday’s event ends with Emily Kinney performing at PetCo Park (8pm).
- Friday, July 10 – Saturday July 11th, look out for Gotham’s Penguin lookalikes handing out signature Penguin sunglasses around the Gaslamp district.
- Friday, July 10 – Saturday July 11th, hop aboard HISTORY’s Vikings-branded Long Ship for a complimentary ride. Morning routes starting at the Marriott at 9am. Afternoon routes starting at 7th & Market at 1pm. Pick-ups take place on the hour. While on board, fans will be gifted a VIKINGS drinking horn (a returning fan favorite from last year’s Comic-Con!), which gives them access to drink specials at select bars throughout the Gaslamp Quarter throughout the weekend.