As a true fan and/or collector, there’s a few conventions every year you look forward to. One of the biggest ones we covered earlier this year: San Diego Comic-Con. But there’s a newer convention in the same vein that deserves some credit; Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo, which is returning to Los Angeles this weekend for its third year and they’ve really upped their game.
Tickets are still available; use promo code FANGASM to can receive 10% off! But for those of you still on the fence, here’s a few reasons why you should attend:
1. There’s a Game of Thrones panel (Saturday, November 1st at 1pm) featuring Adrianne Curry, Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy/Reek) & Esme Bianco (Ros) and unlike San Diego Comic-Con you won’t have to camp out 17 hours in hopes of getting in!
2. The first day of Comikaze is also Halloween; can anyone say ultimate Cosplay opportunity?!
3. Calling all Disney fans: Friday at 3:30pm you can dive deep and meet like-minded fans in the Disney Fandom panel where they will explore the difference between DisneyBounding and Cosplay amongst other things. Plus there will be Disney trivia and magical prizes.
4. You can help create a Guinness World Record as Tetris celebrates 30 years at Comikaze. The record is for the longest link of human tetriminos. All observers welcome, costumes available at booth #240 and tickets to participate are available as an add-on to your Comikaze badge.
5. And if those four items weren’t enough, join the Batman craze as Adam West and several other Batman related guests and programming will be incorporated all weekend – continuing the 75th anniversary of Batman celebrations. ADDED BONUS: Fans of Fox’s new series Gotham can see an advanced screening of episode 107 on Sunday.
We’ll see you all down there!